The flagship of the Symbol audio line, the Modern Record Console pays homage to “all in one” console hifi’s of the 1950’s, an idea whose time, we believe, has come around again. Each cabinet is individually crafted in the tradition of fine bench-made furniture from solid American Walnut. The sculptural metal base is constructed from 1/4” plate steel and hand patinated to create a warm natural finish. As a piece of furniture the MRC will undoubtedly become a focal point of any interior.
The design and execution are only half the story. Lift the lid and expose the hand built tube amplifier and turntable set into patinated steel plates and begin to discover a one of a kind music console that integrates traditional “old school” electronics with modern wireless capabilities. The electronics are custom designed and built for Symbol Audio by experienced audio engineers and include a hand-wired tube amplifier that delivers a warm pure signal to the two 6.5” full range speakers. Tucked out of view into the steel base is a second dedicated amplifier and subwoofer designed to extend the low end frequency and provide added richness to the sound. The built-in turntable has a carbon fiber tonearm fitted with a Sumiko Blue Point #2 cartridge for playing vinyl. For the convenience of streaming digital music just switch the selector from turntable to WiFi and stream from any digital source through the built-in wireless router and control music selections from your iPhone, iPod, iPad or computer.
It’s truly the best of both worlds all designed seamlessly into a bespoke piece of fine furniture.
Design by Blake Tovin and Matt Richmond
Each piece is bench-made to order in the Hudson Valley. email us for pricing and availability
66” w x 18 1/4” d x 34 3/4” h
167 cm ANCHO x 46 cm FONDO x 88 cm ALTO
- Output power: 15w x 2
- Frequency Response (1W): 15Hz – 30000Hz + 1dB
- Frequency Response (full): 20Hz 25 + 1dB
- Distortion (1W): < 0.3%
- Distortion (full): < 3%
- S/N Ratio: 85dB
- Input Impedance: 100K
- Output Impedance: 0,6 Ohm
- Power Request: 140W Max.
- Input Sensitivity: 300 mV
- Fuse: 3A Slow-Blow
- Tube Complifment: 12At7 x 1, 12AU7x2, 6BQ5 x 4
- Perfect point source and phase and time accurate
- Full-range 6.5″ driver with felt diffraction ring
- 25mm voice coil
- One-piece whizzer / dustcap assembly
- Dual cone with twin rolled edge surround
- Smoother high frequency transition at 11KHz, and open soundstage
- Lightweight cone material, with treated and pleated accordion fabric surround
- Open, cast-aluminum basket, which greatly reduces back wave bounce back
- Basket incorporates venting to keep motor cool
- Powerful Alnico motor
- 8 Ohm
- 93dB SPL
250 watt powered 8″ subwoofer
- extends the low frequency response to 26 Hz
- Measured power output: 252 watts RMS into 4 ohms @ < 1.0% THD
- Signal to noise ratio: 90 dB A-weighted
- Input impedance: 10.4K ohms
- Variable gain
- Low pass adjustment: 40 Hz to 180 Hz
- Phase adjustment: 0º (normal) 180º (reverse) for optimal room placement
Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 Manual turntable with 9″ carbon tone-arm
- Chassis piano-lacquered dark grey
- A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt.
- The medium density fiber plinth stands on three height-adjustable rubber-damped aluminum cones.
- The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
- The resonance-optimized platter is made from MDF with an integrated vinyl mat and a screw-down record clamp.
- The platter’s high-tolerance stainless steel axle runs on a Teflon bearing plate in a bronze housing for lower wow-and-flutter and superior speed accuracy.
- Central metal block optimizes centre of gravity and damps main bearing.
- Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
- The turntable is supplied with a Sumiko Blue Point No.2 high-output moving coil cartridge that is factory mounted.
- The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
- Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
- Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
- Design of counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
- The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 6 – 10g. Alternative counterweights for cartridges weighing between 11 – 15g, 8 – 11g or 5 8g are available as an accessory part.
- Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
- Solid armbase permits easy and accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
- Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
- Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
- The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
Cuando veo este magnífico aparato no puedo más que recordar con cariño el que fué mi primer tocadiscos… Un equipo Bettor EF-380 con plato DUAL, con sintonizador y con platina de cassette. Una maravilla, al cual llegué a conectar 4 altavoces y conseguí un sonido cuadrafónico alucinante.
Aquí 2 fotos: